10 facts about the mommas you may not know…
First up is Mart…
1. I met my husband in a bar on my first night out in college. According to my mom, I called and told her I met the man I was going to marry.
2. I went to 3 colleges and it took me 5 years to graduate.
3. I wanted to be a nurse so bad but could not deal with needles. Well, God has a very funny sense of humor!
4. I hated red wine until I went to Napa and now it’s my favorite!
5. I had open heart surgery at 8 weeks old. I am completely fine now but I have a cross stitched on my chest!
6. My husband and I moved to Houston, for a year, just to make some money and get some experience…but we have now called it home for 11 years.
7. I have 2 dogs, that are like my babies too. Milo we’ve had for 13 years and Wrigley will be 9 this year!
8. I have two nephews, who are amazing!
9. My moms dad and dads mom are both living and in great health. Also, my husbands Grandma is in her 90s and doing amazing! So my daughter has 3 great-grandparents!
(We love you, Maw-Maw, Papa Joe and Mamere!!!)
10. I have a beautiful baby girl, who just turned 2 and is my whole heart.
And now, Jess…
1. I went to LSU for 2 years and moved home to attend The Aveda Institute where I graduated in Cosmetology. I love to do perms haha!
2. When I met my hubby, I was dating another guy and just never called him again (that’s awful!)
3. I could live off sushi and mac & cheese!
4. My baby brother (who is 29!) is one of my best friends.
5. I pass out at the sight of needles! Yea, that’s a problem in this journey lol
6. The women in my family live a LONG time. My maternal great-grandmother lived to be 100 and my paternal great-grandmother lived to be 102! Both are my angels!
7. In the last few years I’ve found a love for reading. Up until then, cliffs-notes were my jam lol!
8. We had an indoor swimming pool in my childhood home, but it was about 10 degrees…we swam in it anyway!
9. My husband taught me how to ride a bike! I was too girly for all that “outdoor stuff” as a kid!
10. I believe in miracles.
So a few things about our friendship you might not know…
1. We met in 8th grade at our all girls Catholic high school.
2. We were determined to start an all girls singing group called- JAM- with our friend, Aimee. (None of us can sing!)
3. We went to an N’Sync concert and passed a letter to Justin Timberlake via his bodyguard. (He didn’t write back!)
4. We liked the same boys in high school, in fact, we dated a few of the same!
5. We both got our drivers licenses at 15!
6. We worked undercover with police, to bust liquor stores that sold alcohol to minors.
7. We were camp counselors together every summer in high school.
8. We stood in each other’s weddings.
9. We both have been diagnosed with Infertility and had to do IVF.
10. We both got our miracles.